Home » Latest Projects
Category Archives: Latest Projects
London’s Favourite Line
DOWN THE TUBE THE JUBILEE LINE by Carole Blacher and Judy Worham
Carole and Judy, the two zany companions seen on BBC TV’s The One Show earlier this year, continue their exploration of the London Underground with the second title in their next in the Down the Tube saga. This time travelling along the length of the Jubilee Line, they get off at every stop, joking, bantering and discussing in their own inimitably entertaining way and finding places, people and stations of interest including:
- Seeing half an elephant and men with sheep on their heads at Waterloo.
- Crawling down the entrance shaft to Brunel’s famous tunnel between Bermondsey and Canada Water.
- Coming over all arty-farty at Tate Modern.
- Being forbidden to tread on Wembley Stadium’s hallowed turf, but sitting in the Royal Box.
- Discovering in the Royal Mews it’s not just cats that mew.
- Bowled over by the elegant pavilion at Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- Searching in vain for the missing planetarium but finding Sherlock omnipresent at Baker Street.
- Feeling queasy at the Old Operating Theatre and learning the recipe for snail water at London Bridge.
- Contemplating their spiritual side while marvelling at the beauty of Neasden Temple; practising mindfulness in the Willesden Buddhist Temple; covering their heads at the Central Mosque, and assimilating the history of Southwark Cathedral.
- Being bowled over by the elegant pavilion at Lord’s Cricket Ground.
Authors Carole and Judy said: ‘We had a great time swinging over the Thames on the cable car, and were dazzled by the modernity and efficiency of the Jubilee Line train depot. Then there’s the stations themselves; some old, some impressively new, some borrowed from other lines, and one in particular, very blue.’ You can join the fun and discover amazing facts with Down the Tube the Jubilee Line for just £8.50 plus postage and packaging from www.worblerpress.com.
The Northern Line review by the Londonist says: ‘Carole and Judy are such joyful company you’d love to be a part of the adventure.’
For further information and to interview the authors contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve very nearly finished our journey along the Jubilee Line and what a great time we’ve had. Our last visit saw us swinging across the Thames at a great height on the cable car watching the tall ships sail past us on their progress up the Thames. We also met the USA men’s Olympic beach volley ball team who gave us both a pin. A fitting climax to a great journey. There’s another book coming soon.
Yes, I know it’s corny, but we’re on Kindle via Amazon. We can be purchased for a very small sum and there it is every station, every anecdote, every charming visit. Share in our adventure, select the stations you want through the interactive table of contents and thrill with us that we managed to upload this book! Go Northern Line!