DOWN THE TUBE THE JUBILEE LINE
by Carole Blacher and Judy Worham
Worbler Press proudly present the next in the Down the Tube saga by Carole and Judy, the two zany companions. Travelling along the length of the Jubilee Line, they get off at every stop and find places, people and stations of interest. They:
- Saw half an elephant and men with sheep on their heads at Waterloo.
- Crawled down the entrance shaft to Brunel’s famous tunnel at Southwark.
- Came over all arty farty at Tate Modern.
- Sported around the stadium’s hallowed ground and sat in the Royal Box at Wembley.
- Bowled over by the elegant pavilion at Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- Educated in the Royal Mews; it’s not just cats that mew.
- Detected the missing planetarium but found Sherlock omnipresent at Baker Street.
- Terrified at the Old Operating Theatre and learnt the recipe for snail water at London Bridge.
- Marvelled at the beauty of Neasden Temple; tranquil in the Buddhist Temple, informed at the Central Mosque and awed by the history of Southwark Cathedral.
- Swung over the Thames on the cable car.
- Revelled in the modernity and efficiency of the train depot.
- Celebrated Olympic joy and basked in reflected glory.
There’s so much more including the impressive architecture of the new Jubilee Line stations. Carole and Judy, joke, fight, banter, and discuss all they see in their inimitable entertaining way.
Available from 18th November, 2013 priced £8.50 plus postage and packaging from worblerpress.com.
For further information and to interview the authors contact email@example.com.
Worbler Press also publish:
‘Down the Tube – The Northern Line.’
Please click the button below to Buy NOW !